Let’s face it: we are all guilty when it comes to making a livable space in almost every part of the house. Either you do repair and maintenance on your own or get a local team of residential flooring Dallas to have the job done. Now, think about the basement: can you transform it? Can you turn it into something charming and fancy? Is it worth making into a living space? The answer is a solid yes, and we will discuss all of it in today’s piece.
So, Why The Basement?
You might wonder about all the places inside the house, why the basement? You might be surprised. There are a lot of benefits and advantages to it when you choose to recreate that space. Here are some of them.
- A livable quarter located in the basement can provide warmth against the harsh and cold winter season. A warm basement can douse those winter blues immediately.
- It provides an additional setting where you and your loved ones can have a good time, bond, and get together for a drink or two.
- An improved basement can increase the value of a property. This aspect is ideal if you have plans on selling or renting it out.
- You can go all out creative and crazy when designing and working out the place. And the best part of it is that no one can tell you otherwise!
- The basement becomes a habitable and multi-purpose extension of your home.
Decorative Tips To Make You Live in Your Basement
- Be wary of the additional plumbing and electrical outlets you will install.
- Measure everything out. Doing so allows you to place what furniture and where you want it without hassles.
- Beautifying the place with wallpaper and some cushions will make it livable enough. This alone can suffice, regardless if you finish working on the space or not.
- Clean it out as much as you can. Get rid of rust and damaged equipment, and install durable walls and windows. A neat and tidy basement will not cause any health problems at all.
Ideas For Renovation
That room in the lower part of your house can be more than just a creepy setting you can use to spook during Halloween. And here are some ideas you can incorporate to level-up your basement.
A basement usually is cold and full of storage areas. Such an advantage makes it perfect for storing away those precious bottles of wine. And how about putting it up a notch by making it into a lounge or wine bar? Now, that’s fancy.
You do not need to finish the setting for it to be habitable and inviting. Place a couch or two, lighting, plus a set of gaming consoles and other entertainment amenities. Voila, you have a ready-to-use game room!
If music is not your forte, how about art? Transform your building’s lower floor into an artist’s haven. Add tables, chairs, art materials, and the perfect lighting to complete the task. Go for rustic or pure white walls to create that sense of freshness and artistic vibe to the place.
Basement floors and walls can retain sounds. Musicians can have their way with basements by upgrading them into home recording studios. But first, do some basement revamp. Install an anti-static epoxy flooring system. Doing so prevents any electrocutions and other electric-related mishaps.
These ideas and tips will guarantee to transform your cellar into a fine work of art. And turning it into a DIY project is rewarding on its own. However, if you lack the time or materials to get it done, you can contact experts instead. Hiring a local concrete company for their expertise and services might cost you more, but the expense is worth every penny you spend.